Inverted Bucket Steam Traps
This steam trap is composed of :
• a reservoir
• seat and disc.
Inverted bucket traps, as their name suggests, operate like an upside down bucket in water. During startup, the trap is filed with water with the bucket at the bottom allowing condensate to flow through. At temperature, the steam enters under the bucket causing it to float and close the valve. Any condensate entering the line is forced up into the bucket. This causes the bucket to lose buoyancy and drop down, which in turn opens the valve and discharges the condensate.
– Naturally resists dirt, scale and water hammer .
– Low cost of installation and maintenance.
– Must be primed to function.
– On/off cycling, no modulation.
– large size for higher capacities
Dura-Flo Inverted Bucket Nicholson Steam Trap
The Nicholson Dura-Flo Traps have an integrated strainer (S).
The Nicholson Series 80 is compatible with the Armstrong 800 Series.