Float and Thermostatic/Free Float Traps
One of the most prevalent of technologies among manufacturers, this type of steam trap consists of a small reservoir, a float, a thermostat and usually a mechanical arm joining the float to the disc and seat assembly.
before condensation reaches the trap, the air vent thermostat is fully open to discharge air and gasses. As hot condensate and steam arrive, the air vent closes and the condensate lifts the float allowing the liquid to flow out of the trap.
– no backup of Condensate;
– Large capacities;
– moderate to excellent modulation;
– Can be very resistant to scale and debris;
– With the thermostat, has excellent air discharge capacity.
– Cannot eliminate air without the thermostat;
– A single orientation;
– large size;
– Various orifices and body sizes for various pressures and capacities;
– Sensitive to water hammer and steam lock